VISIT THE FARM
THE FARM IS CLOSED FOR THE 2023 SEASON
We look forward to seeing you in 2024!
what you will find at obelisk farm
Our hemp fields are a great way to experience the farm and gain firsthand knowledge on hemp plant uses and benefits and how our hemp farm works. Take a behind-the-scenes tour and learn how we aim to grow, feed, educate, and give back in everything we do here at the farm.
We created the Hemp School with the aim of building a non-formal education space linked to hemp. Our desire is to share practical and innovative knowledge about industrial hemp. The pillars of the hemp school are based on sharing experiences and creating a network of students and trainers which together might stimulate other initiatives in diverse themes such as hemp cultivation, hemp food, hemp construction, and hemp paper among others.
The Hemp Museum is the first of its kind in Latvia. It was created with the aim of promoting the hemp plant and its many uses. The museum is open since 1st May 2019. The museum is divided into 4 different exhibits: folk songs, people and their stories, old-time machinery, and modern uses of the hemp plant.
At our farm, we make a wide range of hemp products. We have an online and on-the-farm shop. For our farm shop, we have no fixed opening times. Since we only offer our hemp farm-grown products and these need first of all to be produced, the farm shop can't be permanently open. If you would like to buy products at the farm shop, a prior phone call notice is required. You are always welcome to our online store.
BOOK A HEMP TOUR OR WORKSHOP
Please fill in this form to book a tour or workshop.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where are you located? We're 2 hours and 45 minutes from Riga and 35 minutes from Rēzekne. The farm address is "Gulbji", Obeliškas, Dekšāres pagasts, Rēzeknes novads, LV-4614. Click here for directions to the farm.
2. Do I need to book to join a tour? Yes, it's essential to book your tour or workshop before visiting the farm.
3. How can I make a reservation? To book your tour or workshop please call or text Andris at +371 25123595 or contact us at obeliskfarm[@]gmail.com
4. What are your operating hours? Obelisk Farm is only open during the summer at specific times. During other seasons, the farm is closed.
5. Can I walk around the farm without taking a tour? No, sorry. We ask you to only visit the farm after you book in advance your tour or a workshop.
6. How much does it cost a tour and/or workshop? Tours - 5€/ per person (without hemp products degustation) 10€/ per person (with hemp products degustation) // Workshops - 25€ / per person (minimum 10 participants). Free for children under 3 years old.
7. How long does it last? The tour is 1 hour. If you choose to add degustation of hemp products add an extra 30 minutes. A workshop usually takes 1-1.5 hours.
8. Can I take photos? Yes, photos are allowed. And we encourage you to share them with us so whenever you post a photo remember to tag us: #obeliskfarm
9. How do I cancel/change a tour booking? Please call us at +371 25123595 or email obeliskfarm[@]gmail.com We ask for at least 24hrs notice.